Based on responses from over 5,000 in-house counsel in 73 countries, ACC's 2015 Census Report offers legal departments, law firms, and other legal industry partners insight into one of the largest ever samplings of the in-house community.
Purchase an electronic copy of the full survey or download the free Executive Summary below.
The report includes an executive summary, key findings, in depth question by question analysis and a full reference appendix by industry and demographic segment. Reporting on outside legal usage, compensation, demographics, and legal department structures, this is the most comprehensive global census to-date.
Notable findings include new challenges in compliance both within and outside one's jurisdiction, generational differences in career mobility, the impact of mergers and acquisitions on legal departments, and the persistent gender gap in compensation.
For in-house counsel, the report can help you:
- Evaluate your department's use of outside legal counsel in relation to current trends.
- Benchmark challenges and solutions
- Assess your compensation and career path compared to your peers.
- See how similar organizations structure their legal departments.
For law firms and legal service providers, the report can help you:
- Anticipate hiring trends and what work will be outsourced by in-house counsel.
- Understand trends in outside counsel usage by key focus areas.
- Evaluate mobility, succession planning and career expectations to better retain talent and opportunities for talent acquisition.
- Learn more about workload distribution, volume and globalization.